Wow! What a year 2012 has been for Montgomery County Free Clinic, Inc.:
- We purchased the property at 816 Mill Street from MainSource Bank.
- We initiated a campaign to match a 3:1 challenge grant from North Central Health Service (NCHS) in Lafayette, IN. We were to raise $300,000 and NCHS would provide $900,000 for the renovation of the MainSource Bank Building. We also set a goal of $350,000 to fund the first two years of operations.
- Akers Construction Services, the Construction Manager for the project, started creating the Dr. Mary Ludwig Clinic in September.
- We achieved our initial goal of raising $300,000 in December, about 6 months after starting the campaign.
- We have raised more than $37,000 and have pledges exceeding $50,000 towards the Operating Fund goal of $350,000.
All of this has been possible because of the generosity of Montgomery County and the respect for Christian Nursing Service. We look forward to an exciting 2013 which will include the beginning of operations for the Dr. Mary Ludwig Free Clinic, a Volunteers in Medicine Clinic (VIM) which will provide a true medical and dental home for the uninsured of Montgomery County. Please join us by making a gift, offering to volunteer your service, celebrating the work of Christian Nursing Service, and by engaging others to become part of this effort.
Happy New Year Montgomery County!